We pre-moderate all the ideas and comments we receive, which means that they will not be published instantly. They will first be checked by moderators, who will monitor the site between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, and will try to process your post as quickly as possible.
This is not about censoring your views. The aim is to ensure the conversation is fair, inclusive, relevant and constructive. Moderation will not be used to suppress legitimate, reasoned discussion about the Charter.
We will normally approve ideas and comments for publication as long as they:
- respect other people. Comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person's character
- don't incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic
- don't include swearing, hate-speech or obscenity
- don't reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- don't break the law - this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
- are reasonably concise, and don't constitute spamming of the site
- don't advertise commercial products and services - you can mention relevant products and services as long as they support your comment
- don't impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- are in English - unfortunately, we do not currently have the resource to moderate comments in other languages
- are on-topic. Please don't post messages that are unrelated to the Charter
- are not party political in nature.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before submitting a comment. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate or provide us with personal information.
We reserve the right to suspend comments at any time. If we decide not to publish an idea or comment for a reason other than those shown above, we will contact the poster by email to explain our reasons, and will invite them to make appropriate changes so that the post can be reconsidered.